We understand how difficult it can be to have to rehome your boxer, we aim to make the process as easy as possible for both you and your boxer and will help and support you during this time. If you are considering rehoming but want to speak to us first for advice or ways we can help support you to keep your boxer, then please contact us. We’re here to help!
The first step is to contact us either by phone on 01324 430047 or by email at email@example.com.
The following is a quick break down of the rehoming process:
- After chatting with you about your boxer and collecting all their details and history, we will organise for one of our experienced volunteers to meet you and assess the dog within the family home. The home visit allows us to gather more details about your dog and go out with you and your dog on a walk.
- After the home visit and if all parties are happy to proceed we will begin looking for a suitable new home for your dog. Ideally, we work on a ‘home-to-home’ basis, which means the boxer stays in its existing home until a new family is found. Boxers do not cope well in kennel environments and to make the transition as easy as possible for the dogs we prefer not to use them. If the dog can’t stay in the home, we will add them to our foster waiting list and when a suitable fosterer becomes available we can bring the dog into our care.
- Great effort is made to find the dogs ideal home so when we think a match has been found, the applicant will be home checked and we will pass on as much information about the dogs health, temperament and character that we possibly can.
- If the potential adopters are interested, a meeting is arranged to see how the dog and the adopters bond with each other and with any other family dogs.
- If the meeting goes well and everyone is happy and behind the decision to adopt the boxer they will be given the opportunity to rehome the dog.